In einer eMail vom 08.03.2010 05:50:56 Westeuropäische Normalzeit schreibt
tony...@tony.li:

I  want nothing.  IPv4 is done.  Over.  Cooked. Fully toast.   It will
either
enter a black market where we deaggregate and no proposal  will help, or we
shift to v6 and v4 is irrelevant.  In either case,  we're not in time to do
anything significant for v4.  And we still  need a v6 solution, that's
clearly higher  priority.

Well, in case IETF gives up IPv4, then other standardisation bodies will
happily take over, I guess.
MPLS has been launched for rather minor objectives (compared with keeping
IPv4 alive).
It could launch another type of MPLS which is based on globally
significant "labels" (such as the TARA-locator :-) rather than on locally
significant
labels! It would guarantee eternal life for IPv4 (because globally
uniqueness of the IPv4 address wouldn't be necessary anymore).

Quo vadis, IPv6, in that case ?

Heiner