On May 27, 2010, at 9:26 AM, Steven Blake wrote:

> Locator translation at the site edge is optional with ILNP.  So if one wishes
> to expose PA prefixes into the edge network, they can.

well, yes, but then I don't want to hear about the issues related to
renumbering when the edge network changes upstream providers. That was its
choice. If it changes providers and keeps using the PA prefix internally, it
will have problems communicating with whoever next gets allocated that prefix.

I would expect that, in an ILNP world, edge networks will all use some variant
on a local prefix, and do so for this reason.