> But RRG's charter includes exploration of "addressing" problems.
> An "address" is used to determine forwarding operation.
> So it's natural to discuss forwarding issues here. Right?

Ummm...  No, not in the full generality of how some people use that term.

Again, we were chartered to discuss routing and addressing architecture.
Forwarding issues typically involve interesting questions about how you can
structure your FIB to minimize painful memory accesses, what type of memory
to use, how it should be interconnected to your processing element, how to
deal with ECMP, dealing with indirect next hops and the like.  All of those
are out of scope.

Regards,
Tony