> No, I'm talking in the MAC layer. Be in the L2 network.
>
> In MAC L2 network, there's only one number type, MAC address pointing
> to a MAC node.
>
> There's no such thing as MAC interface in MAC L2 network.

Does the MAC address 'point'?  It seems like a MAC 'address' is nothing more
than a flat, globally unique namespace.

Certainly if I'm on a L2 network and I change my physical attachment, I can
change my location without changing my MAC address.

Yet I can't do that with my postal address.

If we look to the dictionary, we find:

address |əˈdres; ˈaˌdres|
noun
1 the particulars of the place where someone lives or an organization is
situated : they exchanged addresses and agreed to keep in touch.
• the place itself : our officers went to the address.
• Computing a binary number that identifies a particular location in a data
storage system or computer memory.

So it seems like location is necessarily a fundamental component of the
conventional definition of an 'address'.

I humbly suggest that in fact, the MAC address is not, in actuality, an
address at all and is simply an identifier.  Yes, you can forward on it, but
then you can forward on any global flat namespace if you put your mind to
it.  Full human names, anyone?

Regards,
Anthony Joseph Li (Full human name)
Location: ???