On Sat, Jun 12, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Tony Li <tony...@tony.li> wrote:

> Hi,
>
>>    1. Why, in the first place, did people allow sites to inject PI
>> addresses in DFZ? Why not simply reject PI in DFZ, limiting their use
>> strictly inside a site?
>

> Because that doesn't solve the multi-homed site problem.

I'd believe/hope that there could have been solutions for multi-homing
even with keeping this scenario, if people would have enough research
before ever starting to distribute PI addresses.

>>    2. As to sites that migrated across ISPs, why not simply throw away
>> old PA addresses injected into a new ISP that is not responsible for
>> service to such foreign addresses?
>

> This is what normally happens.
>

>>    3. Is there any slightest chance that the authority (ICANN? IETF?)
>> resume to mandate such strict rules as above to bring back the
>> situation where it ought to have been?
>

> Not without a credible solution to the multi-homed site problem.
>
> Tony

I'd get a (ungrounded?) feeling that people themselves generated
problems and try to sweep it up with second-hand measure.

There's a proverb in my country:

  "To remedy the barn after a cow is stolen"

  "Smashed to the cheek in downtown, and spit in the river in the outskirt."

Considering all the pains that the whole community/industry has to go
through this series of aftermath remedy, I wished a considerably
smaller effort right in the early beginning might have eliminated this
tiny hole in the bank.

--
DY