On Nov 15, 2013, at 7:51 AM, Scott Brim <scott.b...@gmail.com> wrote:

> So this time, let's stick to routing problems. Russ suggests the intersection
> of naming and routing. That could be a great topic if what is meant is
> mechanisms for mapping from names to routing information and/or forwarding
> information (network interface, path, nexthop etc.). I would enjoy exploring
> routing in ICN (information-centric networking). Lixia can explain how NDN
> has solved the whole problem :-).

So if I understand Lars' intent correctly, he was interested in casting a very
wide net at this stage, trying to examine all of the possible avenues of
fruitful direction.  Let's not lock ourselves down to one thing yet.  It makes
sense to get as broad an overview as we can at this point and see what's most
interesting.

At the same time, let's start trying to drive these ideas towards actual
content.  Who is doing interesting work today in the various areas?  Who could
we invite?  Anyone seen any interesting papers lately?

Tony