I had posted this on the regular Rails list, but upon trying this in
script/console, it seems like the behavior only exists when running rspec.

I'm getting some weird behavior in one of my models. I have a model
defined something like this

class User < ActiveRecord::Base
  attr_accessor :password

  validates_presence_of :password
end

If I validate the model without specifying a password, I get  ["can't be
blank", "can't be blank"] for :password instead of just one "cant't be
blank". If I comment out the validates_presence_of statement, then no
errors. So it doesn't seem like it's being defined elsewhere(through a
plugin or some such). Any idea what might be going on here?

Like mentioned above, if I do this in script/console I only get "can't be
blank" once, as expected.

I should note that I'm not blaming rspec, moreso, where should I be
starting to look? My spec looks like this(snipped the other passing tests):

describe User do
  include UserExampleHelperMethods

  before(:each) do
    @user = User.new
    @user.password = '123456'
    @user.password_confirmation = '123456'
  end

  it 'should be invalid without a password when creating' do
    @user.attributes = valid_user_attributes
    @user.password = nil
    @user.password_confirmation = nil
    @user.should_not be_valid