To handle this I wrote a patch which delivered the styles in the html
formatters output. In much the same way as the html spec formatter does.

I know Aslak Hellesøy has been looking at the editable html stories.

Is it acceptable to have stories have styles embedded in the html
formatter until Aslak's editable stories project evolves?

I could imagine there are some arguments that the HTML output of stories
is something people might want to control the look and feel of, more so
than specs as they are seen more frequently by customers.

Perhapes by default the styles are embedded in the html formatter but if
a CSS stylesheet is passed to the formatter than it will suppress this
output and use your custom css.

something like:
ruby stories/all.rb --format html --css my_own.css

--
Joseph Wilk,
http://www.joesniff.co.uk