With Cucumber, you can't possibly specify tests for all the corner cases.
That's what your rspecs (unit tests) are for.

-----Original Message-----
From: cu...@googlegroups.com [mailto:cu...@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of Ed
Howland
Sent: Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:33 PM
To: rspec-users; cu...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [Cucumber:4066] Cucumber vs, RSpec

Please forgive the x-post.

I just got back from the Great Lakes Ruby Bash. They had several good
presentations, two specific to BDD and Cucumber. I also talked to several CEOs
and devs afterwards, and the overall takeaway I gathered was a shift to less
RSpec and more Cucumber. Some people even claimed a 90/10 split (cukes/specs)
on current projects.

This was surorising to me and not at all how I worked up to this point. I was
more 20/80. I usually cuked a feature, then spec'ed the code to make the cuke
work. Each release had some new features and specs for all the underlying code.
Apparently, the feeling is that you should do all your main thrusts with
Cucumber and use RSpec for edge cases. The theory is that you can change out
all the underlying code and the cukes still pass.

What is the communities consensus on this?

Cheers,
Ed

Ed Howland
http://greenprogrammer.wordpress.com