For me, cukes acts more as an acceptance test that tells me when to stop the
development and release a feature as rspec goes down to the internals of the
app in order to make sure everything works ok.
In this context, I think there is no magic recipe that tells you how much
cucumber code you should have on your project in contrast with rspec code.
It all depends on the context you're working. Complex enterprise
applications require extensive unit testing and there i wouldn't wanna miss
rspec.
Im my personal experience, i use cucumber-only for CRUDS and other
down-to-the-basic stuff and whenever i need to develop a challenging chunk
of code i firstly spec it with rspec and then make sure it works with the
rest by running the cucumber feature. Sometimes it's like 500 lines of rspec
and 30 lines of cucumber. It has been working very well!

Lucas Prim
lucas.p...@gmail.com
+55 (48) 9921-9303
+55 (48) 3334-1979