Hi RSYNCers!

        I have a situation where I need to rsync a source tree with links
pointing to directories outside the tree, some of these links pointing to
non existing directories.

        I need the existing referenced directories outside the tree to be
rsynced too, although it's enough to have a copy of them under the source
tree, so --copy-unsafe-links does the trick.

        The problem arises when I use the --delete option, which I need too.
When rsync finds the links pointing to non existing directories, some errors
appear:

                readlink <some_directory>: No such file or directory

        Then, as pointed out in the documentation, the --delete option aborts:

                IO error encountered - skipping file deletion

        Is there any workaround that makes possible the --delete option to
work under this situation?

        Thanks in advance.

                                                                JESS