On Thu, Feb 22, 2001 at 09:24:36AM -0500, Spleen wrote:
> Ok,
>   The problem is gone. rsync now works like a charm!
>   I tried using the 251 binary, and had the same issue, however, I had only
> replaced the binary on the rsync client side ( just a mistake, I wasn't
> thinking! )
>   I then proceeded to compile from source on one of our Solaris251 boxes (
> using gcc ), and replaced the server binary with this. Problem solved!
>   So, the precompiled solaris251 binary might have solved my problem, but I
> never tried that. My self compiled 251 binary definately worked on Solaris
> 8, although the client ( also Solaris8 ) is still using the precompiled 251
> binary.

Could you please try the precompiled solaris251 binary on the server side?
I would very much like to know if that binary of mine works on solaris8.
It sounds like the 2.4.6 solaris8 binary on the rsync web site is somehow
broken and we should just delete it.  I'll go ahead and do that.

I would also like to know if you would have the same problem if you
compiled rsync 2.4.6 natively on solaris8.  There may be some problem with
upward source incompatibility.

- Dave Dykstra