I have problem with rsync in this ambient:

linux kernel 2.0.34
libc5
gcc 2.7.2

I have some warnings compiling and when I try to use rsync
the files copied have all the same size (4096 byte) . File are padded
to this size or troncated. I have tried to compile an old version
(rsync 1.7.4) with the same results.  I have tried to compile rsync
2.4.6 on Red Hat 7.0 (where it works) static and porting executable
on old linux system but when I try to run it, it write: kernel too old !

Thanks in advance

Paolo Patruno

some log from compiling:

bodpn:~/tmp/rsync-2.4.6# make
gcc -I. -I. -O -c rsync.c -o rsync.o
In file included from /usr/include/sys/types.h:4,
                 from rsync.h:78,
                 from rsync.c:23:
/usr/include/linux/types.h:11: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:12: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:14: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:15: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:16: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:17: warning: empty declaration
/usr/include/linux/types.h:30: warning: empty declaration
rsync.c: In function `is_in_group':
rsync.c:128: warning: passing arg 2 of `getgroups' from incompatible
pointer type

|Saluti da Paolo Patruno           mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]  |
|                                  BBS/FAX: 051.4294587                |
|     Per un primo assaggio di telematica critica guarda a:            |
|           http://mostramida.it/tesocra/                                  |
|           http://www.olografix.org/gubi/estate/tele/                 |
|>>>>>    usare pgp per criptare e` un bel vizio da imparare  <<<<<<<  |
|mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED]  con oggetto: GET  Paolo Patruno |