Does it matter what order the options/switches are placed?  I ask
because I did an initial rsync of data from a NetApp to a SAN box using
the following:

rsync -avz --exclude=.snapshot /mail-data/ /mnt

The .snapshot directory is only useful to Ontap in this instance so I
did not want it transfered.  It seemd to work correctly and all was
fine.  Until I tried to run an update using the following:

rsync -avz --exclude=.snapshot --delete /mail-data/ /mnt

This transfered the .snapshot directory and filled the partition.  Is
the above incorrect?  Should it be like this:

rsync --exclude=.snapshot --delete -avz /mail-data/ /mnt

Also, do I need the 'z' if I have a gigabit network?  I think it would
put more strain on the filer than necessary and actually slow transfer
time.

Thanks.
--
Jeff Kennedy