    *From:* Dimond, Carol
    *Sent:* Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:07 AM
    *To:* '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'; '[EMAIL PROTECTED]'
    *Subject:* Rsync question

    Hi there - various web pages indicated that the emails on the To
    lines could be used for general questions
    so what the heck ... I'm having a problem getting a specific rsync
    option to work..
I am trying to copy a list of files via rsync - the man pages
    indicate the --files-from option should work
    but I cant seem to get this to work
the syntax I'm using is rsync -vpgut --stats --bwlimit=50000 --no-relative
    --files-from=/tmp/DBA_TST.RSYNC_LST  /work/dba_arch/DBA_TST/
but I get an error that I cant seem to intrepet - nor find ANY
    examples of a proper files-from syntax
/ctltest02:/tmp> rsync -vpgut --stats --bwlimit=50000 --no-relative --files-from=/tmp/DBA_TST.RSYNC_LST /work/dba_arch/DBA_TST/
    rsync  version 2.6.2  protocol version 28
    Copyright (C) 1996-2004 by Andrew Tridgell and others
    ....../
    /Please see the rsync(1) and rsyncd.conf(5) man pages for full
    documentation
    See //http://rsync.samba.org/// for updates, bug reports, and answers
    rsync error: syntax or usage error (code 1) at options.c(730)
    /
// Thanks in advance

This e-mail message is intended only for the person(s) named above and
may contain confidential or privileged information. If you are not the
person named or have not been authorized by them, please notify the
sender immediately and delete this e-mail and any attachments without
reading, saving, or forwarding.