On 12/16/06, ilushkin <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Unfortunately, I'm not such an advance Unix user to [strace rsync]. So far I
figured that strace is not familar to Freebsd, that I'm using. I really
appritiate your help. This bug really took most of my time at work. I wish
that thing were not that complicated. Sometimes I wish that I had some gui
Microsoft like product to play with. Well, guess God wants me to learn
things the hard way :)

Back to the thread, I noticed that rsync gives me such errors when it meets
a directory with the huge amount of files. Sometimes over 6000. I tried to
play around with one of those directories by removing the unneeded files,
and rsync did the job without any complains. But I still have lots of
directories to sychronize and there is no way I can reduce that amount of
files. I've heard that rsync can have trouble with the similar issue. Can
this be related to my problem?

If you're not willing to trace the system calls of rsync, there is
nothing more I can do to investigate the problem.  I do not know of a
connection between directories containing lots of files and write
errors.

Matt