I'm looking to see of it is practical to have an rsync server run a script after a transfer finishes. I am moving files (python source) from windows (common point of development) to a few linux machines. big problem being owner/group/perms are always wrong and python's module install process is fragile with respect to OGP. Therefore, I want to run a script after transferring a set of files so I can correct all of the ownership/group/permissions from the Windows defaults to what I need.

---eric

(speech recognition in use, it makes mistakes, I can't keep up with them all)