On Sun, 2007-11-18 at 17:45 -0500, Eric S. Johansson wrote:
> Using some of the techniques you show here, it would be possible to trigger
> the
> backup process and push the data from the laptop.

Yes, push backups can be done quite elegantly by pushing the new data to
a directory and triggering the backup software to pick it up from there
with an --rsync-path or post-xfer exec script.  I helped a user set up a
push-backup system before (it used rsnapshot and an rsync daemon) and
would be happy to help you set one up if you need it.

Matt