> The solution is not to refuse to backup any file that is a hard link.
> There are legitimate reasons to have hard links and ignoring them
> means you aren't backing up everything.

I agree that preserving hard links may be important in some situation. There
are certainly legitimate reasons to preserve hard links within a backup.

To more than a couple of years I have been weighing up the advantages and
disadvantages relating to including a hard link preservation support within
LBackup. The latest alpha build of LBackup now includes support for hard link
preservation.