I have an rsync daemon running on a 64-bit (x86_64) system which I
successfully use for backups from several other 64-bit systems on my
LAN.

I want to use it for backups from a BeagleBone Black (32-bit, armv7l)
but it fails as follows:-

    root@bbb:~# rsync -a /etc chris@backup::bbb
    Password:
    pre-xfer exec returned failure (256)
    rsync error: requested action not supported (code 4) at
    clientserver.c(1171) [Receiver=3.2.7]
    rsync: [sender] read error: Connection reset by peer (104)
    root@bbb:~#

Is it simply not possible to do what I'm trying to do or is there some
way to tell the rsync daemon to work with connections from 32-bit
clients?

--
Chris Green