Hi,

I'm not sure what HUP does in 5.8, but maybe someone else can shed some
light on this.

I think it would help to share the piece of the debug log that shows what's
happening when you do a HUP on your machine.

Also, a "workaround" would be to restart rsyslog instead of sending HUP to
it.

Best regards,
Radu