On Mar 21, 2013, at 3:12 AM, Rainer Gerhards <rgerha...@hq.adiscon.com> wrote:

>> You'd think it would be simply something like:
>>
>> %somevar:R,ERE,1,DFLT:=(.+):.+&--end%
>
> %$!somevar:R,ERE,1,DFLT:=(.+):.+&--end%

Hmm, I would be willing to bet beer that I tried that, but I'll try it again
just to be sure and let you know.  If that indeed does work (via the property
replacer) I don't really need a function to extract arbitrary regexp matches
since I can use this method.  I'll be buried up to my elbows in rsyslog most of
today so I'll carve out a little time to test this again.

-- Gary F.