From: rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com
[mailto:rsyslog-boun...@lists.adiscon.com] On Behalf Of Rainer Gerhards
Sent: Thursday, February 13, 2014 3:56 AM
To: rsyslog-users
Subject: Re: [rsyslog] bug tracker for web site

I just realized that I was not really clear with my initial question. Sorry
about that. What I actually meant to ask for was "what bug tracker to use for
web-site related issues". So not about rsyslog bugs and enhancements, but all
those things that need to be changed *on the web site itself* (there are ample
as we have seen in the past days). This question still is open, but I tend even
more to do a dummy project on github like rsyslog-website just to get things to
one central place.

Looks like I also initiated the broader discussion on which bug tracker to use
in general. We currently run a bugzilla (for quite some while) and I fully
agree that it takes time to maintain it. Now after some good experience with
github, I admit that I would actually prefer to move to a single location, and
github would probably be the right one. I think I'll especially check Tomas
suggestion that we can get backups out of github, which would really relieve me
of many of the issues I had with a github-only approach.

Assuming this works, I'd go ahead and change the existing bugzilla to become a
read-only reference and add new trackers to github, only. If we run into issues
with github, we could reverse that process at some later time.

As usual, comments are more than welcome.

Rainer