Another note - we should update Travis to include compiling docs. I did
this in my Travis-test-docs branch. It does --enable-docs --enable-test
bench --enable-debug --disable-valgrind so that we can tell if it errors
out on the docs compile (which is how I caught the underline error). I can
ff my master to this if you would like.