is this with or without the latest liblognorm (released today)?

David Lang

On Tue, 10 Mar 2015, Michael Biebl wrote:

Date: Tue, 10 Mar 2015 20:39:55 +0100
From: Michael Biebl <mbi...@gmail.com>
To: rsyslog-users <rsyslog@lists.adiscon.com>
Subject: [rsyslog] failing test-suite for 8.8.8

Hi,

I want to start enabling and running the test bench as part of the
regular debian build starting with 8.8.0.

I've built from the 8.8.0 tarball and I get the following result:
Testsuite summary for rsyslog 8.8.0
# TOTAL: 128
# PASS:  122
# SKIP:  4
# XFAIL: 0
# FAIL:  2
# XPASS: 0
# ERROR: 0

The failing tests are
FAIL: mmnormalize_variable.sh
FAIL: mmnormalize_tokenized.sh

FAIL: mmnormalize_variable.sh
=============================

[mmnormalize_variable.sh]: basic test for mmnormalize module variable-support
rsyslogd: error: normalization rulebase
'testsuites/mmnormalize_variable.rulebase' could not be loaded cannot
activate action [v8.8.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2310 ]
rsyslogd: error during parsing file
./testsuites/mmnormalize_variable.conf, on or before line 14: errors
occured in file './testsuites/mmnormalize_variable.conf' around line
14 [v8.8.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]
rsyslogd started with pid  8193
starting run 1
Sending file './testsuites/date_time_msg' 1 times.
^M00000001 kb sent
runtime: 0.000
End of tcpflood Run
doing shutdown
imdiag[13500]: mainqueue empty
wait on shutdown
content-check failed

FAIL: mmnormalize_tokenized.sh
==============================

[mmnormalize_tokenized.sh]: test for mmnormalize tokenized field_type
rsyslogd: error: normalization rulebase
'testsuites/mmnormalize_tokenized.rulebase' could not be loaded cannot
activate action [v8.8.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2310 ]
rsyslogd: error during parsing file
./testsuites/mmnormalize_tokenized.conf, on or before line 11: errors
occured in file './testsuites/mmnormalize_tokenized.conf' around line
11 [v8.8.0 try http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2207 ]
rsyslogd started with pid  8241
starting run 1
Sending file './testsuites/tokenized_input' 1 times.
^M00000001 kb sent
runtime: 0.000
End of tcpflood Run
doing shutdown
imdiag[13500]: mainqueue empty
wait on shutdown
content-check failed

If 'testsuites/mmnormalize_tokenized.rulebase'  is supposed to
reference a real file, I couldn't find such a file indeed.