Hello,

I have a about 2000 systems logging to a rsyslog server.
On the server, I want to forward log data (of 1000 servers) to an other
destination, while the rest logs to a file locally.

Of course, I could define for each host an own config-file with an action or
maybe ruleset like this:
  if $fromhost-ip == '192.168.152.137' then {
        action(type="omfile" file="/var/log/remotefile02")
        stop
    }

But I guess, this leads to a quite bad performace (very big configuration...)
and also has not much flexibility.
(At least the host-list might change day by day).

Do you have any recommendation how to implement such a scenario with rsyslog in
a performant way?

Best regards
Chris