On Thu, 23 Jul 2015, smain...@free.fr wrote:

So to resume there's 2 remaining issues i would like to address :

* disabling octet count causes that my condition based on appname to be ignored

see my other message about fixing the format.

* i have a segfault when i enable rebindInterval

this looks like a bug that's been reported and someone has been assigned to work onit. I'd suggest watching this bug and posting if alorbach has any trouble duplicating things

https://github.com/rsyslog/rsyslog/issues/120

In the meantime, as a poor-man's work-around, you can setup a script that does something like

while true
do
  killall -HUP rsyslogd
  sleep 10
done

this will send the HUP signal to rsyslog every 10 seconds, which will cause it to close it's outputs (the same thing the rebindinterval does every X messages)