Hello,

I am currently attempting to make use of the field type "iptables" within
liblognorm which should parse out key-value pairs, where the key becomes the
name of the field and the value the value. However the field type is
apparently not recognized when using with lognomrailzer or rsyslog. Has it
been deprecated or am i misunderstanding the documentation/usage of the
field type?

For context:
liblognorm5-2.0.1-1.el7.x86_64
liblognorm-0.3.7-3.el7.x86_64
liblognorm5-utils-2.0.1-1.el7.x86_64
rsyslog-8.22.0-1.el7.x86_64
rsyslog-mmnormalize-8.22.0-1.el7.x86_64

Test log:
key0=value key1=value key3=value

Test Rules:
version=2
rule=:%iptables:iptables%
rule=:%iptables%
rule=:%:iptables%

Results:
head test2.log | lognormalizer -r test2.rb -e json
liblognorm error: rulebase file test2.rb[2]: invalid field type 'iptables'
{ "originalmsg": "key0=value key1=value key3=value", "unparsed-data":
"key0=value key1=value key3=value" }

rsyslogd -N1
rsyslogd: version 8.22.0, config validation run (level 1), master config
/etc/rsyslog.conf
rsyslogd: liblognorm error: rulebase file /etc/rsyslog.r/sourceTypes.rb[73]:
field definition wrong in: iptables% [v8.22.0 try
http://www.rsyslog.com/e/2427 ]

Thank you.

~Regards

Matthew Gaetano