On Thu, 24 Nov 2016, mosto...@gmail.com wrote:

As we are concerned about high availability and load balancing, we plan to deploy multiple instances.

just a note that while rsyslog doesn't implement load balancing itself, it has features to support load balancing environments, so you pick the load balancer you want on the receiving end and have rsyslog disconnect every X messages to give the load balancer a chance to work.

I think this only works if you do IP based load balancing, rather than DNS based load balancing (especially as so many systems now run a caching DNS locally)

Personally, I use corosync (clusterlabs.org) but you can also use haproxy, lvs, or a commercial load balancer like f5