> Which would be a lot easier to do if we didn't have to rely solely on message
> count to delimit time or percentages.

IMHO it would be an interesting experiment to create a queue mode
"redis" or "kafka". Given everything that's going on right now, there
almost for sure is not time to do the experiment, but that's something
a thought abot for a while (0mq might be an even better choice).

I just couldn't stand dispense that idea ;-)

Rainer