On Wed, 14 Dec 2016, Pascal Withopf wrote:

the parameters you listed are all viable.

but also not sufficient

Disk queues always use the disk and do not buffer anything in memory, which
means they are ultra-reliable, but slow.

you also need to turn checkpointing on, and a checkpoint interval of 1 message (and a few other things, it's been a few years since I did this)

For the best result you should put the queue in front of a reliable
transport action such as relp.

this will slow rsyslog down by a factor of >1000x. I ran tests on this using a very high end PCI based SSD and had a 2000x - 8000x slowdown, and this was with v5, the added improvements in performance since wukk cause an even bigger slowdown as they would reduce the amount of time rsyslog spends processing the message outside of the queue manipulation, I would expect >10,000x nowdays.