To solve this hopefully once and forever, I googled again for "sphinx
dot" and the first result seems to be fully appropriate:

http://www.sphinx-doc.org/en/1.4.8/ext/graphviz.html

As I said two weeks or so ago, we need to check if we have
sufficiently current sphinx on the involved systems, but the first
step is to read and use what is describe, to see if it actually fits
the need.
Yes, but my point is that doesn't properly render on github. I'll love to have documentation (with graphs) on github, but I'll have to stick to sphinx+rsyslog.com if that doesn't work. That's why I tried gravizzo (or whatever the name is)