On 12/20/2016 1:38 AM, Benoit DOLEZ wrote:
Hi,

The ~40 messages are those of the window size : for performance reason, a train of messages are sent and acked globally. To ack each message independently you can try windowsize=1 with omrelp, but sending message synchronously is a very bad idea. For omfwd, a tcp window size is applied. With UDP, there is no ack, no window.

Regards

Benoit

Thanks for the reply. Am I correct in assuming then that I can expect duplicate messages each time I restart the remote rsyslog receiver instance?

If you happened to have looked over the configs, did you see anything that would result in the sending systems tossing old messages if the remote rsyslog receiver stays down longer than "X" seconds?