On 12/21/2016 10:43 AM, David Lang wrote:
On Wed, 21 Dec 2016, rsyslog-users-lists.adiscon....@whyaskwhy.org wrote:

you can also set the retries so that it will only attempt to deliver a message X times before it gives up on that message.

Thanks for mentioning that. Is there a setting or command-line option that you know of to dump all stock settings and current settings to the screen/file? Something like 'postconf -d' or 'postconf' ?

I don't think so (there may be something buried in the debug options, but that would be the only place for it)

There are a LOT of possible options, and the vast majority are not touched by 99.99%+ of people.

Understood. Aside from explicitly setting a value, is there any other way to know what a value is set to? For example, the watermark values that you mentioned earlier. I guess the safest approach is to be explicit with all of the values.