Hi Kenn,

I found the following code Action::Notify and I think it explains why you're seeing this behavior.
    #Strip the sender out of the To, Cc and AdminCc and set the
    # recipients fields used to build the message by the superclass.
    # unless a flag is set
    if ($RT::NotifyActor) {
        @{ $self->{'To'} }  = @To;
        @{ $self->{'Cc'} }  = @Cc;
        @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } = @Bcc;
    }
    else {
        @{ $self->{'To'} }  = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @To );
        @{ $self->{'Cc'} }  = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @Cc );
        @{ $self->{'Bcc'} } = grep ( lc $_ ne lc $creator, @Bcc );
    }

If $RT::NotifyActor is not set, then the creator of the transaction (and with a ticket creation transaction, this is the creator of the ticket) is removed from the To, CC, and Bcc lists. If $RT::NotifyActor is set then the To, Cc, and Bcc lists are not modified. I think I read somewhere that $RT::NotifyActor is set in the site config file.

Regards,
Gene