Well, with the help of the book and the wiki, I have the code to change the user back to nobody on a reopened ticket at least trying to do what it's supposed to. Unfortunately, it got the following error:

[Mon Jan 21 05:38:47 2008] [error]: Failed changing owner to Nobody on ticket reopen: You can only reassign tickets that you own or that are unowned ((eval 831):10)

is there some way to force the scrip to reassign the ticket by acting as a user with more controls?

Steve