I've read up on priorities, but nothing I've seen quite fits my need. We
have two email addresses that both go to the same queue, an alert email
and a support email. The alert email also SMS's my mobile phone. I'd
like to have RT check the to: address from the header and set anything
to the alert email to a high priority. Then I can do things like a cron
to check for untouched emails with a high priority and alert us.

I've approached this with a user defined scrip in the server queue:

Custom condition: return 1;

Custom action prep code: return 1;

Custom action cleanup code:

package RT::User;

my $to = $Ticket->Transactions->First->Message->First->GetHeader('To');
if $to = ('[EMAIL PROTECTED]')
{
$self->TicketObj->SetPriority(98);
}
return 1;

When opening a new ticket, I see in rt.log:
[Wed Jan 30 18:56:16 2008] [error]: Scrip 16 Commit failed: Global
symbol "$to" requires explicit package name at (eval 2242) line 3.
Global symbol "$Ticket" requires explicit package name at (eval 2242)
line 3.
syntax error at (eval 2242) line 4, near "if $to "
Global symbol "$to" requires explicit package name at (eval 2242) line
4.
 (/usr/lib/rt/RT/Action/UserDefined.pm:81)

Obviously, I'm doing something very wrong, but I'm not clear what. Could
someone proofread this and let me know where I've gone wrong? Thanks!

~~
Kimberly McKinnis
System Operations Engineer
Service Provider Division, TiVo Inc