I am having a problem with a clean install of 3.8.2, and I tried with
3.8.1 also with the same results...   (Mysql 5.0.67)

I have run this a few times doing dropdb then initdb...   Same results
each time, and I have confirmed the db is gone before running the initdb

Now creating a mysql database rt3 for RT.
Done.
Now populating database schema.
DBD::mysql::st execute failed: Table 'Attachments' already exists at /
usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.8/RT/Handle.pm line 506.