Kenneth Crocker wrote:
> To all,
>

>       FIRST and FOREMOST!!! I am NOT a Unix guy. I know it runs on a server
> and we have a Sparc server and our DataBase is Oracle 10g and we are on
> RT 3.6.4.
>       However, I have NO IDEA how directories work when it comes to how an
> install program looks for or defines where to go to find software it
> wants to install. I am the Admin guy for RT at our site and so I
> understand privileges, how to create scrips and templates, Queues, etc.
> But when it comes to INSTALLING RT or any of the available extensions,
> I'm lost, TOTALLY!
>       I downloaded the CommandByMail extension from CPAN with no problem.
> However, when I try to follow the instructions, I get the following error:
>

>       So, if there is a REAL BRAVE SOUL out there, who doesn't mind taking my
> hand and walking me thru this, PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE help me.

Sorry, I thought I had the answer for you but it seems that something
else is going on with perl Makefile.PL.
I do have rt installed at /opt/rt3 and 'perl Makefile.PL' does find it
there. Now I know of a couple of extensions that ask where RT.pm
(AssetTracker) if it can't find it. Don't know how perl figures out that
I have rt in /opt/rt3. It certainly isn't in my @INC
What could be your problem is that you might have two different perls.
One for solaris and one specific for RT? and that in this case you're
using the wrong one, just a shot in the dark.

Joop