You shouldn't create an user in the DB, but as well you shouldn't use
root. User and permissions are created during 'make initdb' step. This
options can be configured using ./configure script as well.

I don't think it's good idea to mess with pathes of a system when you
havn't learnt how to configure it and install. Make a step at a time.

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 12:39 AM, Eric Chatham <echat...@broadvox.net> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> I am brand new to RT request tracker.  I am using the installation guide for
> CentOS 5.1 /RHEL 5.1 to install RT 3.6.6.
>

> http://wiki.bestpractical.com/view/Rhel5InstallGuide
>

> I am stuck at the point where it wants me to configure the variables in
> /etc/rt3/RT_SiteConfig.pm.  The name of the server I am configuring for RT
> is “rtsrv01.domain.local.”  The website I want to use is
> http://rt3.domain.local.  For the dbuser, do I want to use “root” or should
> I create another dbuser for RT?  If so, what DB Permissions should I set?
> Lastly, I want the “htmldir” to be /opt/rt3/html not the default
> /usr/share/rt3/html.  Where would I change that?
>

> Thank you for your assistance.
>

> Eric Chatham

> Commercial support: sa...@bestpractical.com

Best regards, Ruslan.