On Thu, Apr 08, 2010 at 08:55:10AM -0400, troppmann_tob...@emc.com wrote:
> Hi all,
>

> I have a problem with Outlook Emails and the winmail.dat attachments.
> Basically all our Emails send from Outlook to RT
>
> are having the winmail.dat attached with all the original attachments in it.
>

> The problem is, that we can only access the original attachments (files,
> pictures, doc ...) using an external winmal opener like
>
> "Winmail Opener".
>

> How can  I configure RT or fetchmail to get out the attachments from the
> winmail.dat to have them in the history of the tickets?
>
> Is this a normal behaviour of RT or do I have a misconfiguration in the
> system?

- you can try to use perl TNEF module to convert those emails before
  entering RT (pipe the mail to such script before rt-mailgate)
- you can configure outlook to not send tnef attachements!
- you can write an RT Extension to decode winmail.dat and provide
  original names with links on the ticket display page