If life gives you lemons, keep them-- because hey.. free lemons.

--- On Tue, 7/27/10, Mike Johnson <mike.john...@nosm.ca> wrote:

From: Mike Johnson <mike.john...@nosm.ca>
Subject: Re: [rt-users] RTAddressRegexp - not clear to me
To: "Joseph Spenner" <joseph85...@yahoo.com>
Cc: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Date: Tuesday, July 27, 2010, 2:35 PM

It's really a safeguard, because not everyone that uses your RT instance is
"smart" enough to prevent loops from happening.

And my example showed 2 queues... but you only need email address and a "goofy"
user for a loop to happen that will cripple the system.

I've had end-users reply to an email coming from <Mike Johnson via RT>(which
the Reply-To: on those emails is helpd...@nosm.ca) and cc helpd...@nosm.ca.

If you use the ParseNewMessageForTicketCcs, the above can become quite
troublesome without RTAddressRegexp, as it would append helpd...@nosm.ca as a
Cc email address, which would then email out to helpd...@nosm.ca whenever you
do correspondence that a Cc would see...

Hope that helps!
Mike.

Why couldn't the application simply query the database to figure out what the
queue email addresses are, and don't permit them to be a recipient?