Any idea why it is telling me an email address is in use when it does not show up in RT's database. (It isn't in the LDAP database either, though I don't think RT directly queries that other than for password authentication.)

Any other ideas, or input would be appreciated.

Sandra

On 07/17/2012 02:34 PM, Izz Abdullah wrote:
It is complaining about the email already in use because it is querying AD and
seeing the email address.  It should auto-create, if the email address and Name
are unique.  Maybe use sAMAccountName instead of Name?

-----Original Message-----
From: rt-users-boun...@lists.bestpractical.com
[mailto:rt-users-boun...@lists.bestpractical.com] On Behalf Of Sandra
Wittenbrock
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2012 4:25 PM
To: rt-users@lists.bestpractical.com
Subject: [rt-users] Name: Hans being found when looking for johansen

Hello,

I just spent, a couple hours trying to find out why when my user sent an email
to create a ticket, it didn't work.  We have been auto-creating users for a
long time without problems. Searching old posts, I was unable to find one that
helped.

The user got both the following messages:

User creation failed in mailgateway: Name in use User  'johan...@xxx.gov' could
not be loaded in the mail gateway

I set in RT_SiteConfig.pm.

Set($AutoCreateNonExternalUsers,    1);

LDAP settings for unique Name and EmailAddress.
  'attr_match_list'           => [    'Name',
                                      'EmailAddress'

The following message in the rt logs suggested to me there could be a conflict with the user
account "hans" and the user account "johansen".
I tried modified the hans account name, but this didn't make any
difference.                             ]

We have a user "hans".  The log below suggests to me johansen, is conflicting
with hans.

[Tue Jul 17 20:51:02 2012] [debug]: Attempting to use this canonicalization
key: EmailAddress
(/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:472)
[Tue Jul 17 20:51:02 2012] [debug]: LDAP Search ===  Base:
dc=xxx,dc=xxx,dc=gov == Filter:
(&(objectClass=*)(mail=johan...@xxx.gov)) == Attrs:
l,cn,st,mail,cn,co,streetAddress,postalCode,telephoneNumber,uid,cn
(/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth/LDAP.pm:195)
[Tue Jul 17 20:51:02 2012] [info]:
RT::Authen::ExternalAuth::CanonicalizeUserInfo returning Address1: ,
Address2: , AuthSystem: , City: , Comments: , ContactInfoSystem: ,
Country: , Disabled: 0, EmailAddress: h...@xxx.gov, EmailEncoding: ,
ExternalAuthId: hans, ExternalContactInfoId: , FreeformContactInfo: ,
Gecos: hans, HomePhone: , Lang: , MobilePhone: , Name: hans, NickName: ,
, State: , WebEncoding: , WorkPhone: , Zip:
(/usr/local/share/request-tracker3.8/plugins/RT-Authen-ExternalAuth/lib/RT/Authen/ExternalAuth.pm:536)

Also, when I search for the user, johansen, or the email address
johan...@xxx.gov, I don't find anything in my RT.  I tried manually creating
the account johansen, but it complains the email address is already in use.
While, at the same time I can't find an account using that email address. Any
ideas why I can't find the user?  I even logged into mysql, and did an email
address search in the Users table.  I also, sent an email from an newly created
yahoo account to double check account creation, and that worked without a hitch.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Sandra