On 2012-10-19 13:32, Alex Vandiver wrote:
On Fri, 2012-10-19 at 12:21 -0500, Alex Hanselka wrote:
I also see a bunch of "Inappropriate ioctl for device." I can provide
a pastebin of the strace if necessary.

The ioctl error is somewhat more surprising. Seeing a pastebin of the
strace might be useful.

You can find that at http://darkdna.net/strace.txt

Re-reading your original mail, I'd expect the spawn-fcgi incant to work,
but the failure case of rt-server.fcgi not working with --port is a
known bug, and one which is resolved in the 4.2/refactor-rt-server
branch. I've included below a backport of the relevant commit; I'd be curious to hear if it solves your problem or gives a more coherent error
message.
 - Alex

Didn't seem to do anything. When I do the spawn-fcgi incant, it now says "spawn-fcgi: child spawned successfully: PID: 27689" but nothing stays running. 27689 doesn't exist.

--------
Final RT training for 2012 in Atlanta, GA - October 23 & 24
 http://bestpractical.com/training

We're hiring! http://bestpractical.com/jobs