On 6/30/16 11:41 PM, Nilesh wrote:
Hi,

I'm trying to assign the ticket to a queue based on a transaction
custom field, but I am unable to fetch the custom field in my scrip.

Scrip details:
Condition: On correspond
Action: User defined
Template: Blank

Custom condition:
1;

Custom action preparation code:
1;

Custom action commit code:
my $queueName = $self->TicketObj->QueueObj->Name;
RT::Logger->info("Queue name: $queueName");

my $trans = $self->TransactionObj;
RT::Logger->info($trans->FirstCustomFieldValue("Product"));

The method FirstCustomFieldValue returns empty even though the value is
set in form submission.

All the stuff I found on Google are about custom fields in tickets,
seems nobody uses transaction custom fields?

I'm using RT 4.4.0.

If you are submitting the value for Product in the same update, the On Correspond transaction may run before the value is committed, so it's not there yet. Try moving the scrip to Batch stage rather than Normal. Batch runs at the end, so the value should be set.

---------
RT 4.4 and RTIR Training Sessions https://bestpractical.com/training
* Los Angeles - September, 2016