Trying to remember back to my radio up-bringins'...AM has to power down if on
a clear channel due to an agreement between US and Mexico.  My family's AM
station powers down to 1,000 watts at night, I believe, then has to be
directional.  A few years back they had to turn off totally at sundown (
which was 4:45 in the winter, as I remember!!).   Could be way off base, but
that's what I remember.

Roll Tide.

Jim D.