MOBILE, Ala. - Tim Castille never wavered from his commitment to Alabama, not when
the football program was put on probation, when Dennis Franchione left or when Mike
Price was fired.
The son of former Crimson Tide All-American Jeremiah Castille, he was one of the top
signees in Price's lone recruiting class.

"This is where I wanted to go, and so I'll stick with them through thick and thin,"
Castille told The Mobile Register.

He is expected to be an all-purpose offensive presence in the Alabama-Mississippi
All-Star Classic today at Ladd-Peebles Stadium.

Castille, who started his varsity career as an eighth-grader, holds the Alabama prep
record with 9,544 all-purpose yards.

He rushed for 3,626 yards and 55 touchdowns, had 4,122 receiving yards and caught 41
TD passes in leading Briarwood Christian to a pair of Class 3A state championships.

Jeremiah Castille has returned to his alma mater as the Fellowship of Christian
Athletes director.

"They treated him really, really well, and I see how they treat him now, very well,"
said Tim Castille. "That's huge on me going there.

"If I can be half as good as he was and be able to come back to the state and people
still recognize me and love me for what I did 20 years ago, then that would mean a lot
to me." ... <$*%# SNIP>

http://makeashorterlink.com/?V2CC217D4

Castille's brother, Simeon, is considered one of the state's top prospects next year.