Jeff Todd wrote:
Does anyone, other than the Bitch known as Little Jimmy,
know if this here game is televised live?

Yes

http://www.ahsaa.com/news_releases/DisplayArticle.asp?Item=222

All-Star Football Classic On TV Again

Thousands of football fans throughout the Southeast who will not be able to be at Mobile’s Ladd-Peebles Stadium June 7 will have the opportunity to see the 16th Alabama-Mississippi High School All-Star Classic via the FOX Sports Net cable television network. The kickoff is 7 p.m.

For the ninth consecutive year, FOX Sports Net will telecast this annual high school football showcase as a presentation of the Bryant-Jordan Foundation and its corporate sponsors.

The Bryant-Jordan Scholar Athlete Program, underwritten by the Foundation, awards thousands of dollars in collegiate scholarships to deserving high school athletes each year. The scholarships are based on factors ranging from a high level of athletic and scholastic achievement to a student’s determination to overcome obstacles in achieving a level of success commensurate with his or her ability.

"The Alabama High School Athletic Association, as co-sponsor of the Bryant-Jordan Student Athlete Program, is excited that the All-Star Classic is again being televised on a regional basis," said Dan Washburn, Executive Director of the Alabama High School Athletic Association. “The Bryant-Jordan Program highlights our outstanding athletes, promotes the importance of academic achievement and encourages our young people to become involved in athletics, while the All-Star Classic represents all of those positive elements of interscholastic athletics.”

Fox Sports Net is a regional sports network for the Southeast and televises more than 600 live sporting events each year to a seven-state region that includes Alabama, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina and Tennessee. Launched in 1990, Fox Sports Net currently reaches over 9 million homes in the region and is the largest and fastest growing regional network in the country.

Scheduled as the announcing team for the telecast are play-by-play announcer Bob Rathbun, replacing the late Jim Fyffe, and color commentator Doug Barfield.

Fyffe, who was the popular radio voice of Auburn University football and basketball for over 20 years, served as the play-by-play announcer since the inaugural game in 1988, including all eight of the FSN telecasts.

Rathbun, who does the Atlanta Braves' Wednesday night games on FSN, is respectful of the situation he's stepping into.

"Jim Fyffe was just a great broadcaster," he said Tuesday after receiving his assignment. "I know we're going to do something in Jim's honor. When we get together (with our producer) at the end of the week, we'll put our heads together and come up with something."

Barfield presently serves as Director of Marketing for the Alabama High School Athletic Association. Prior to joining the staff at the AHSAA, he was athletic director at Mobile's UMS-Wright Prep School after heading the athletic program at the University of Mobile.

Barfield coached football for 28 years at the high school and college levels, including positions as assistant football coach, athletic director and head football coach at University Military School in Mobile from 1960-65. From 1976-81, he served as head football coach at Auburn University. He also served five years as athletic director and head football coach at Opelika High School. Throughout his career, Coach Barfield has compiled a record of 117 wins, 54 losses and two ties as head football coach.

Barfield was named SEC Working Coach of the Year in 1974-75, and to the Southern Mississippi Football Hall of Fame in 1975. In addition, he has coached in the Blue-Gray and Hula Bowl games, and was the Alabama Class 6A high school "Coach of the Year" in 1991.

While Rathbun and Barfield will be handling things from the booth, veteran television anchor Randy Patrick will be roaming the sidelines for interesting tidbits and information throughout the All-Star Classic. Patrick serves as the sports anchor for WKRC Channel 5 in Mobile.