kurt rasmussen wrote:

I would like to see revenue statistics for;

1. 2 home games, not sold out, and _maybe_ PPV TV vs:
2. One sellout home game and 2 (likely) NATIONALLY broadcast television games.

Or it's quite likely I don't know WTF Iyam talking about, and I'm placing too much emphasis on TV revenue.

Kurt, you may have seen the Mal Moore message sent this morning...if not, here is what he had to say about the revenue:

"Having the extra home game for 2004 will mean a minimum of $2 million for our program. There is a lot of misinformation out there that we would make up the money by having the Penn State game on TV. That simply isn't accurate. When we play a non-conference game on the road, that school and its conference own all of the TV rights and derive all the monies from those contracts."

Bottom line, it appears Bama would receive very little money for playing PSU up there. These are tough times for the Bama program. MM may be right in making this call.

Roll Tide!!
Rick