--- Pat Smoot wrote:
> Coach Bryant always said that he could take an
> average player & make him
> great.  My expectations are not going undefeated,
> but having a winning
> season every year even during this difficult time.
> If CMS is a good
> motivator, this will happen & I can't live with
> excuses of lost
> scholarships.  Motivating the players to play harder
> than they thought they
> could will win many games & I still believe that
> there will always be enough
> talent at BAMA because of the tradition to take care
> of the rest.  ROLL DAMN
> TIDE !!!

 To say that you can't live with the excuse of lost
scholarships, is to truly look at the situation with
crimson glasses Pat....the 03,04 & 05 teams will be
just above Div. IAA because of the
reductions....that's going to hurt when it comes to
playing in the SEC....yes BAMA had scholarships cut in
the mid 90's but they got part of them back on
appeal....that didn't happen this time....I have no
doubt that Coach Shula will be a top notch motivator
and that the players will respond well to challenges
they face....but times are going to be tough for the
next 3 to 5 years....the point I was trying to make
was that I wanted to see a team and coaching staff
that would respond well to the adversity, and not give
up when the going gets tough....Jamie

=====
I'm Loud, Lazy, And Unorganized - BUT I'M FUN

http://sbc.yahoo.com